Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS625587
This is a permanent part-time (0.5 FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020
Do you have what it takes to make our school sparkle?
Wembley Downs Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Cleaner to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, and rubbish removal. They will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandahs and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, and removal of cobwebs. They will also complete vacation cleaning duties, including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandahs and undercover areas, maintenance of gymnasium floors, and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-in-Charge.
Wembley Downs PS community aims to provide learning experiences that support academic achievement, emotional resilience and social competence, guiding our students to become lifelong learners and responsible citizens. Our motto supports a vision of quality partnerships between teaching and non-teaching staff, students, parents and the wider school community. The successful applicants will become part of a friendly and supportive team and a welcoming work environment.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Wembley Downs Primary School please visit www.wembleydownsps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
Please contact Kerry Blechynden, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9222 9300 or emailing Kerry.Blechynden@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Telephone the School Office on (08) 92229300 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to request an application form.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception or by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Monday, 30 March, 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED