Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP610221
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2020
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
West Byford Primary School (PS) is currently seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated individual to the position of Deputy Principal
In collaboration with the Principal and members of the administrative team, the Deputy Principal provides educational leadership in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school vision and facilitating workforce effectiveness. The priority for this position is to establish strong relationships with students, staff and the community. The successful applicant would have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and be a collaborative team administrator. Our focus is to develop, encourage and support leadership and curriculum teams across the school. The Deputy Principal has a major role in coordinating these teams.
West Byford is a Level 5 Primary School (currently 800+ students) that opened in February 2013. We gained Independent Public School status in 2014. The school is located on Kardan Boulevard, Byford, approximately 41kms south of Perth and situated in the Shire of Serpentine Jarrahdale. Byford is a rapidly growing suburb that includes a mix of young families, and established families that are a part of the rural history of the area.
The staff of West Byford PS have established a vibrant, dynamic school culture that focuses on whole school approaches and student performance. Staff work collaboratively in learning teams and contribute to a culture of sharing and collegiate support. All staff are encouraged to foster innovation and work in areas of strength. They commit to whole school approaches and policies, integrate Technologies into classroom programs, and employ direct instruction of specific skills needed for student success in Numeracy and Literacy. In return, staff receive strong support that reduces administrative demands, supports them with behaviour management, and enables them to concentrate on teaching.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about West Byford Primary School can be found by visiting www.westbyfordprimaryschool.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Michael Bettenay, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9550 6000 or emailing Michael.Bettenay@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum of a four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements (one page per requirement suggested), in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager – preferably Principal)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 30 March 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.