Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS603184
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Can you make our School sparkle? Then Comet Bay College needs you!
Comet Bay College is seeking to appoint a dedicated Cleaner in Charge to join their friendly team.
As the Cleaner in Charge your responsibilities entail organising and supervising the cleaning staff, opening and locking of the school, including setting the security alarm system. Alongside with the Manager Corporate Services you will liaise on all cleaning matters ensuring there is consistency with the Department’s policies, training and procedures on school cleaning. In addition, you will monitor and manager staff leave entitlements in consultation with the Manager Corporate Services and ensure all leave and allowance forms are completed and submitted to the relevant line manager.
Comet Bay College is a modern state of the art educational facility catering for students in Year 7 to Year 12. The college is situated in Secret Harbour a coastal community 64 kilometres from Perth and draws students from its partner primary schools located in the Golden Bay, Secret Harbour and Singleton areas. Due to our popularity and rapid expansion of residential development around the college, the College is a local intake school. College facilities include specialist science laboratories, auditorium, fitness centre, metal fabrication and engineering studios and a graphics/mechatronics studio. The College also has dedicated Media and IT Labs, a food technology fit out that enables the delivery of Certificate Courses and a high quality Performing Arts Theatre. These outstanding facilities combined with a broad range of teacher expertise ensure that all students entering the College are given access to a wide range of courses that are delivered to a very high standard.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Comet Bay College please visit cometbaycollege.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
Please contact Jennifer Tarr, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9553 8100 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception or by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 27 March 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED