Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS624516
This is a permanent part-time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020
Do you have a strong attention to detail?
Baldivis Secondary College (SC) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic individual to join their team.
The successful applicant will play a vital function ensuring the school is clean and provides a safe and hygienic environment for our staff, students and community members. In this role applicants should have effective communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as alongside the Cleaner in Charge. As a Cleaner, you will be responsible for internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. In addition, you will carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs and other general cleaning.
Baldivis SC, located 46km south of Perth, is a relatively new and vibrant learning community and the first public secondary school established in the area. The college opened in 2013 with a single year group of 220 Year 8 students and 32 staff. In the ensuing years our College population had risen to over 1,700 students and nearly 200 staff, making Baldivis SC one of Western Australia's fastest growing and largest secondary schools.
Students and staff are expected to achieve personal excellence in all they do. We continue to explicitly teach, demonstrate and provide opportunities to practise working together and building a harmonious sense of community. Baldivis SC strives to maintain high expectations and standards of and for every member of our school community and in doing so we look to attain our mission of providing every opportunity for our students and staff to reach their full potential and to be their best.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Baldivis Secondary College please visit www.baldivissc.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Karen Illich, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9523 3600 or emailing Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday 27 March 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED