Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS6242126
This is a ten (10) month fixed term, part-time (0.46FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020 with possible extension twelve (12) months and/or permanency
North Tom Price Primary School (PS) is seeking an enthusiastic and hardworking Library Officer to join their professional and hardworking team.
The aim of this role is to provide a service to staff and students to use the library effectively. As the Library Officer, you will encourage students to read and to complement all aspects of their studies with the use of technology and library. The successful applicant will supervise the day-to-day operations of the library and provision of reference, information and associated services to teaching staff and students. They will administer library systems which ensure library records are up-to-date and library resources are maintained and processed so they are accessible and available to students, staff and parents at all times.
North Tom Price Primary School is one of two primary schools located at Tom Price in the Pilbara region of WA, approximately 1465km from Perth. The school has attractive grounds which adjoin the local oval and is surrounded by the nearby ranges of the picturesque Hamersley Ranges. The renowned Karijini National Park is a short drive away providing a picturesque recreational area to visit and enjoy. The school presently delivers educational programs to around 270 students from Kindergarten to Year 6.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
- ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spread sheets and word processing.
- experience in providing administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about North Tom Price Primary can be found by visiting http://www.northtompriceps.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Yvonne Lincoln, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Tom Price, by telephoning 9188 3600 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and •
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3 April 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.