Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE621582
This is twelve (12) month fixed term, full-time position commencing in Term 1, 2020 through to the end of Term 1, 2021
Please note this position is initially to be filled for 12 months; following which it may continue on a permanent basis. Should this occur the vacancy will be readvertised permanently.
The Midwest Regional Education Office is seeking to appoint a highly credible and experienced Principal to work collaboratively with school leaders across the Midwest Region.
This position is a new role that will work closely with the Regional Executive Director on the implementation of a Midwest Region Strategic Plan, ensuring alignment of system, regional and school priority areas. Working collaboratively with the four principal networks to further develop a professional learning community approach to school improvement will also be a requirement of this role.
The Principal Advisor – Regional Leadership Support will work within schools in order to provide feedback, coaching and support to leaders. They will also assist current and aspiring leaders in interpreting a range of data to ensure a highly responsive and targeted approach to improving individual student outcomes. By connecting with leaders, opportunities for collaborative and sharing of effective practice across schools will provide increased professional learning experiences. We are aiming to attract an outstanding leader who has considerable experience in providing educational leadership. An ability to influence positive relationships, inspire innovative practice and possess credibility through demonstration of positive leadership impact are requirements for this role.
This position will require travel to schools and other sites within the Midwest Education Region. There are opportunities to be creative in communicating across the region including Midwest Specific Video Conferencing and Web Ex. The successful applicant will also have the opportunity to be supported by the Midwest Regional Office and by current Network leaders.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Extensive skills and experience in providing effective educational leadership resulting in improved student outcomes.
- Highly developed written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to provide targeted feedback and support.
- Highly developed knowledge and practice in strategic level planning.
- Extensive skills and experience in facilitating and supporting high-level collaboration to support leadership growth and development.
- Highly developed conceptual, analytical and strategy formulation skills, including the ability to provide innovative solutions to student data trends.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Lisa Criddle, Regional Executive Director, by telephoning (08) 9956 1600 or emailing Lisa.Criddle@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- obtain or hold a current C class license;
- obtain or hold TLIC2025 - Operate 4WD Vehicle and RIIVEH305E - Operate and Maintain a 4WD Vehicle qualifications;
- undertake extended overnight travel throughout the Region, including travel to remote school sites;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 3 March 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED