Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS620681
This is a permanent part-time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020.
Do you have what it takes to make our school sparkle?
Eastern Hills Senior High School is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Cleaner in Charge to join our team. The position is for a morning shift, 5:00am to 9:00am Monday to Friday.
The Cleaner in Charge is responsible for the management of cleaning staff, purchasing of cleaning resources, and up keeping of cleaning equipment. They will maintain the school environment in accordance with Department procedures and undertaking cleaning of allocated internal and external areas.
As a Cleaner in Charge you would open/close the school, carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. You would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required. Additionally, you will be required to complete vacation cleaning duties, which may include the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandas and undercover areas, and other such duties as required.
Eastern Hills is located on the outer margin of the metropolitan area serving the communities within the Shire of Mundaring and the eastern section of the Shire of Swan. Primary schools within the intake area include Chidlow, Sawyers Valley, Wooroloo, Parkerville, Mount Helena, Glen Forrest, Darlington and Gidgegannup. The school has approximately 960 students and over 100 staff.
The school includes a modern Science centre, Visual Arts, Design and Technology, Gymnasium, swimming pool and modern Music Auditorium. The school's grounds have a pleasant amenity including expansive playing fields and courts.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Eastern Hills Senior High School please visit https://www.ehshs.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online or download the relevant attachment below.
For further job related information
Please contact Marie Milagro, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9573 0200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
- Telephone Marie Milagro, Manager Corporate Services on (08) 9573 0300 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3.00pm to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday 13 March 2020.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED