Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE620542
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, full-time position commencing April, 2020 with possible twelve (12) month extension and/or permanency
The Statewide Services Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and solution focused Project Officer in the Teaching and Learning Services branch.
The Project Officer will be part of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) project team. The team was established to address essential work required to reduce the risk, and improve the quality, of VET for public school students. This includes the implementation of the Department's VET Work Plan.
The Project Officer will support the team to achieve the key outcomes of the project within the required timeframe. Applicants will be required to work as part of a team, have highly developed organisational skills, strong communication skills and demonstrate initiative. Knowledge of VET is desirable.
In this varied role you will be required to research; collect and analyse data; and communicate with stakeholders internal and external to the Department. In addition, you will implement systems to track and monitor the team’s work.
The VET project team is responsible for providing a range of sustainable models of VET delivery for Western Australian public schools that reduce risk for the system, ensure security of partnerships, improve the continuity of programs and provide quality student outcomes.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Skills and experience in providing effective administrative support.
- Well-developed computer application skills, including a working knowledge of word processing and development and maintenance of databases and spreadsheets.
- Well-developed written communications skills and experience in the preparation of briefing notes, submissions and correspondence.
- Well-developed oral and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of individuals and establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Well-developed organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines and identify priorities
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Janet Connor, A/Manager VET Program Team by telephoning 0428 561 764or emailing Janet.Connor@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within
six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 28 February 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED