Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS611447
Are you a high calibre Education Assistant who would enjoy the challenges and opportunities in the passion of assisting teachers to help students reach their full potential?
Forrestdale Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistant - Mainstream for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2021.
Suitable applicants will be highly competent, experienced and passionate. They will work as part of a whole school team committed to high expectations of all staff and students, and high levels of capability and performance.
To be suitable for inclusion in the Education Assistant – Mainstream pool you will have sound teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills in a recent and relevant educational environment that will demonstrate your capacity to assist the teacher with the delivery of planned education programs. Ideally, you will have a successful history of working in collaboration with teachers to assist with the preparation of learning experiences and the general care and wellbeing of students.
At Forrestdale PS we support students to build sound social skills and achieve academic goals. They have opportunities to apply what they learn to real life situations, and our dedicated teachers put an incredible amount of effort and creativity into the experiences they organise for their classes. Our students take pride in their work, feel confident being themselves and building resilience and lasting friendships. We cultivate connections in our local community so students can make meaningful contributions to society through civic engagement and social action.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Forrestdale Primary School can be found by visiting www.forrestdaleps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Alison Smith, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9397 8100 or emailing Alison.Smith@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 28 February 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.