Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS621236
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Ocean Road Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic School Officer with high emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills to join our dynamic team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for completing administrative duties which require skills using word processing and data software packages. As the School Officer you will be responsible for assisting with enrolments and maintaining student records. Other responsibilities include reception duties such as meeting and greeting visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. You will also attend to the general health and wellbeing of students ie providing first aid (training can be given if required), assisting students in the medical bay and liaising with parents/caregivers to ensure student health care data is updated and maintained including procedures regarding the administration of medication.
The successful applicant will need the ability to work professionally using their own initiative and collaboratively in a team environment. As the 'go to person' for all things admin, excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential, together with the ability to prioritise work effectively. We are also seeking someone with the ability to provide relief cover in the absence of other members of the school office team. Your regular day of work will be Friday which is not negotiable.
Applicants with experience in an administrative environment will be highly regarded. Competence in the use of Integris and RM Billing receipting is preferred but not essential.
At Ocean Road PS we provide a safe, caring and inclusive learning environment that encourages all to fulfil their potential and contribute positively to society. We are committed to providing dynamic educational programs in order to meet the diverse needs of our students. Our core values of Respect, Responsibility, Resilience and Kindness and our commitment to “Putting Children First” underpin everything we do.
Our students, parents and staff are focused on collaborating for success; building and maintaining quality relationships; providing support to each other and ensuring everyone counts. Our shared commitment to these focus areas ensures that we collectively provide the best possible learning opportunities for all children in our community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Demonstrated experience in providing general office administrative support with ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to use computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Demonstrated good verbal and written communication skills, including application of customer service principles and practices.
- Demonstrated good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ocean Road Primary School can be found by visiting www.oceanroadps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Julie Walkden, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9582 2311 or emailing Julie.Walkden2@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 28 February 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.