Please note: the commencement date has now been updated
Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/DP609637
This is a permanent part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020
Do you enjoy having a positive impact?
Harvey Primary School (PS) is seeking a committed leader who possess the personal attributes that allow them to work collaboratively, influentially and instructionally across the school.
We are seeking a hard-working, enthusiastic and proactive leader for the role of Deputy Principal. The successful applicant must be able to work closely with the Principal, the Deputy Principal, students and staff to support quality teaching and learning in the school by providing leadership.
Harvey PS has a clear direction as identified in the School Business and Operational Plans. All staff are committed to the success of the School Plan and implement the plan into their teaching and learning. The strong focus on virtues is shown through our ‘Focus Five’ of Respect, Integrity, Caring, Cooperation and Courage and a whole school behaviour management plan is in place.
The successful applicant will lead Early Childhood Education at Harvey PS. They will be required to support early childhood instruction continuing the building on of the strong early childhood initiatives and strategies that are already established at the school. Successful leadership of the implementation of the Early Years Developmental Framework, the Western Australian Curriculum and the National Quality Standards will support the focus on successful early childhood outcomes.
The successful applicant will have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to engage with staff, students and their families, and external agencies. They will have a strong focus on care and a proactive approach in dealing with issues affecting the school community. The successful applicant will be required to lead the ‘Social and Emotional Wellbeing programs that are implemented in the school. The ‘Highway Heroes program is established across our school and knowledge of this program is preferable.
Strong knowledge and experience in working with Information Technology, including trouble shooting skills, is also desirable.
Previous experience in an administration role would be preferable. The successful applicant should also be cognizant of and skilled at using a range of data to inform teaching, learning and assessment at a whole-school level.
The school is located in the irrigation district of the South West of Western Australia and has a student population of 300.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Harvey PS can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Jason Romeo, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9782 3200 or emailing Jason.Romeo@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 28 February 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED