Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP621821
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2020
O'Connor Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint a dedicated Deputy Principal who is a passionate educator and committed to making a difference in the lives of young people.
In collaboration with the Principal and members of the administrative team, the Deputy Principal provides educational leadership in curriculum and student engagement in the school and the community by developing and promoting the school vision and facilitating workforce effectiveness. You will be a strong leader with the ability to engage other staff in curriculum development and strategic planning.
You will be highly motivated and innovative, with strengths in whole school curriculum and student engagement development. Having high level interpersonal skills will allow you to develop and work with staff teams throughout the school.
O’Connor Primary has a strong and positive reputation in the community, and you will engage with and promote the school’s priorities, directions and whole school approaches. Utilising your exemplary leadership skills, you will be reflective, with a positive attitude and appetite for challenge and a genuine investment and commitment to the school and school community.
Located in one of the state’s most dynamic regional centres, O’Connor Primary educates over 700 students every year. The school site also houses the O'Connor Education Support Centre. Both schools run a very successful integration program that provides many opportunities for inclusion across a broad range of activities.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
Further information about O'Connor Primary School can be found by visiting www.oconnorps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Stephen Delfs, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Kalgoorlie, by telephoning (08) 9068 5200 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 28 February 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.