Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS620153
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2020
Do you possess outstanding communication and administration skills and are you ready to take on new challenges?
Harrisdale Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to appoint a suitably experienced, dedicated and professional Vocational Education and Training (VET) and Workplace Learning Support Officer to join their Corporate Services team. The Vocational Education and Training (VET) and Workplace Learning Support Officer will assist the school to establish and operate our VET/Workplace Learning program, that commences in 2021.
This includes developing and maintaining program documentation, support material and procedures manual, assisting in the training and induction of students into the Workplace Learning program, induction and training of workplace supervisors and fostering networks for workplace teachers and assessors and monitoring student progress in the workplace, including checking student logbooks for satisfactory completion and working hours.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of workplace learning outcomes and contexts with the ability to induct employers, staff and students on workplace learning procedures; initiative and sound organisational skills, including the ability to plan and coordinate activities and; highly developed written, oral and interpersonal communication skills. He or she will also demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, students, employers and parents.
Harrisdale SHS offers a wonderful opportunity for local students to access a high-quality secondary education close to home. Currently, the school has an enrolment of around 1260 students in Years 7, 8, 9 and 10. Thereafter, another year group will enrol annually until 2022, when the 'Year 7 Class of 2017' graduate as Year 12 students.
Harrisdale is a rapidly growing suburb located approximately 28 kilometres south of the Perth CBD. The school is located on Laverton Crescent, adjacent to the City of Armadale's new playing fields and sports pavilion and Harrisdale Primary School.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- knowledge and understanding of workplace learning outcomes and contexts with the ability to induct employers, staff and students on workplace learning procedures.
- experience in developing, implementing, evaluating and reporting on suitable programs for students in acquiring work skills and/or accessing recreational activities.
- well developed keyboarding and computer skills, including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- sound written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, students, employers andparents.
- initiative and sound organisational skills, including the ability to plan and coordinate activities.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Harrisdale Senior High School can be found by visiting https://harrisdaleshs.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Danae Jolley, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9397 8000 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior tocommencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 27 February 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS
ARE NOT ACCEPTED.