Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS621937
Swan View Senior High School (SHS) is seeking to establish a pool of School Officers for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 2, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 2, 2021.
Suitable applicants who have a thorough knowledge of Department of Education databases, records management systems and financial knowledge to support the Manager of Corporate Services will be highly desirable. Applicants will have an excellent focus on team work, self-motivation, initiative and model excellence in customer and administrative support. Experience in RM Finance, RM Billing, HRMIS and other Department databases would be highly regarded.
Swan View SHS is located in the foothills of Perth close to John Forrest National Park. It was opened in 1977 on an 11.6 hectare site. The School draws students from areas of the Swan Valley, Swan View, Stratton, Middle Swan, Bellevue, Koongamia, Midvale and also attracts a number of students from the hills suburbs of Greenmount, Glen Forrest and Helena Valley. This provides the school with a diverse and capable student population with a powerful sense of community. The school is inclusive with strong links to local Aboriginal community and culture
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Experience in financial processes and procedures, including the handling of debtors, creditors, reconciliations, and /or preparing financial returns.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Swan View Senior High School can be found by visiting www.svshs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Bronwyn Jacobson, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9294 0100 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- Up to four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and Training Requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 3 March 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.