Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS620925
This is a ten (10) month fixed term, part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible extension (12 months) and/or permanency
Do you possess excellent communication skills and are ready to take on new challenges?
Poseidon Primary School is seeking to appoint a suitably experienced, dedicated and enthusiastic Manager Corporate Services to join their friendly team. We are looking for an organised, enthusiastic, understanding and calm person.
As the successful applicant you will have an excellent knowledge of Department Policies and Guidelines and also possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work in collaboration with and act as an advisory role to the administration team.
Ideally applicants will possess a thorough knowledge of Department of Education databases, records management systems, human resource management and financial management to support the Principal and Associate Principal.
As the successful applicant you should have the skills and ability to support the administration and management of financial and human resources. Experience utilising RM Billing, EFTPOS, RM Finance and HRMIS would be highly regarded.
Poseidon Primary has a warm friendly caring ethos. Poseidon Primary Schools vision is – ‘Creating Opportunities Together’ and the school purpose statement - To provide a learning environment that facilitates the academic, social and personal growth of all children in the school.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to use effective negotiation skills.
- Sound financial management skills, including budget preparation and the ability to interpret and apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Sound human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Leadership skills in the delivery of business outcomes and sound customer service principles and practices.
- Ability to provide input into the development, implementation and monitoring of business and marketing plans.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Poseidon Primary School can be found by visiting http://www.poseidon.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Debbie Linehan, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 9307 2356 or emailing or Debbie.LInehan1@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) pages statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 26 February 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.