Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE619216
This is a permanent full-time position commencing ASAP
The Department of Education is one of the largest budget portfolios in the Western Australian Public Sector.
The Financial Planning and Resourcing Directorate is seeking to recruit a Principal Consultant - School Resourcing in the School Funding branch.
The School Funding branch is committed to provide effective and trusted business services and support, that enhance the capability and responsiveness of staff, systems and processes to deliver high quality education.
All public schools operate with a one-line budget and are funded via the Student-centred funding model. The branch is responsible for delivering a $3.5 billion dollar budget to public schools on an annual basis.
This role is tasked with undertaking complex financial modelling and analysis to enable you to make recommendations on the allocation of resources to schools in accordance with the funding allocation mechanism.
You will be working in an innovative environment and your contribution will be instrumental in ensuring the funding model remains contemporary to national and international standards. In this role, you will utilise your extensive experience to lead and provide contemporary financial management advice and innovative solutions to complex strategic financial issues.
You will use highly developed interpersonal and communication skills to lead through change and establish effective networks to work across the organisation to achieve strategic objectives.
The successful applicant will help with evaluating, developing, implementing and reviewing of funding related policies, procedures and strategies and participate in the ongoing identification of school funding needs.
This role is genuinely an exciting opportunity, it is suited to a high performing and qualified finance professional from an accounting, finance, actuarial, economics, or related field.
The Department invites applicants from industry, public sector or not for profit organisations. You will work in a supportive environment to transfer your extensive financial management experience to an Financial Planning and Resourcing environment
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our branch for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Substantial knowledge and experience in contemporary financial management, complex financial and statistical modelling, review and reporting in a large/complex organisation.
- Highly developed analytical and conceptual skills to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills to undertake productive consultation, collaboration and negotiation and to build effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders on complex financial issues.
- Highly developed written communication skills, including experience in preparing reports, briefing papers and responses to Senior Executive and/or Ministerial/Parliamentary requests.
- Highly developed skills and experience in achieving outcomes and delivering quality products and services consistent with customer needs and defined quality expectations, including timeliness.
- Substantial knowledge and understanding of contemporary issues and trends related to needs-based school funding reform planning and development.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Lucy Kubijan, Acting Manager, School Funding, by telephoning (08) 9264 0196 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements 1-5, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Hold relevant tertiary qualification in accounting, finance, actuarial, economics, or related field
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 28 February 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED