CLOSING DATE: Friday, 28 February 2020 at 11:45PM WST
Who we are
The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development’s (DPIRD) purpose is to create enduring prosperity for all Western Australians. Our department ensures that primary industries and regions are key contributors to the Government’s agenda for economic growth and diversification, job creation, strong communities and better places.
We work collaboratively across government, industry and community to advance three goals: Protect, Grow, Innovate.
For more information about the Department, please visit our website.
As a result of a restructure within our Information Services Directorate, we have created a new Solutions Architect position that is currently vacant. This position offers the right candidate a great opportunity to contribute to the future of DPIRD’s IT environment, taking advantage of contemporary and emerging technologies in communications, mobility, systems integration, cloud platforms and many other domains.
We are looking for individuals who possess substantial and broad technical knowledge and experience in solution architecture approaches, systems design and engineering in a complex and contemporary computing environment. The role offers you the opportunity to utilise your analytical and problem solving skills to develop innovative solutions to complex problems that assist in the achievement of Departmental objectives.
The Solutions Architect role is responsible for developing, coordinating and maintaining high-level IT architecture standards, patterns, plans and roadmaps. The position provides systems architecture oversight and assurance services for projects and strategic change. The position undertakes and coordinates complex research into new technologies and services to determine the impact on and opportunity for the Department’s operations.
Please refer to the Job Description Forms attached for full position details.
Eligibility / Other Conditions
The Solutions Architect position will be primarily located in Perth CBD. There will be a requirement to also work at DPIRD’s South Perth offices as required.
Further Job Related Information
To discuss this role or for specific enquiries please contact Alex Kay, Manager ICT Strategy and Architecture, on 0437 015 638 (during business hours).
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit:
- A current comprehensive CV, including details of two (2) referees; and
- A covering letter/statement that demonstrates how your skills, knowledge and experience relate to the following Work Related Requirements, as detailed on the Job Description Form and in the context of the job specific details in this advertisement / in no more than four (4) pages:
- Work Related Requirement <1> – Substantial technical knowledge and experience in solution and/or technical architecture approaches, systems design and engineering in a complex computing environment;
- Work Related Requirement <2> – Build effective relationships: Well developed communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills; and the ability to build and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders, clients and suppliers;
- Work Related Requirement <3> – Challenge for Innovation: Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills, including a demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions to complex problems in order to meet organisational objectives; and
- Work Related Requirement <5> – Deliver in a changing environment: Highly developed planning and organisational skills including the ability to prioritise and complete tasks within deadlines.
Please note that, should you be shortlisted, your ability to meet the other work related requirements will be assessed through future stages of the recruitment process.
Applicants are required to apply on line by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button at the top/bottom of the screen. Applicants must have a current, valid email address in order to apply online and this email address will be used for communication with applicants. Further information is available in the attached Applicant Information Kit.
If you are having trouble downloading the attachments or lodging your application online, please contact (08) 6552 1943 (during business hours) and quote the Reference number.
Please ensure you have plenty of time to submit your application to allow for unanticipated problems, as late and proforma applications will not be accepted. (Please note: Online lodgement is system generated. Any submissions on or after 11:45pm will not be accepted)
The Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development has a four-day breach claim period. For more information, please see the Public Sector Commission Website