Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS619337
PLEASE BE AWARE THERE HAS BEEN AN AMENDMENT MADE TO THE TENURE ON THE 13 fEBRUARY 2020
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2020
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding new role to utilise your excellent administrative and interpersonal skills?
Ocean Reef SHS is seeking an experienced Business Support Officer to join their dedicated team. We are seeking self-motivated applicants who can use their initiative and work independently as well as work collaboratively within a team. The successful applicant will initially work alongside members of the Executive Leadership team to support and coordinate administrative services to curriculum and data management for key business areas conducted at the school site. Good interpersonal skills will be highly regarded along with attention to detail and a willingness to be flexible and adapt to other roles within the school.
As a Business Support Officer you will be supporting a wide range of business operations including financial management, Human Resource services, facilities and asset management with an initial focus on curriculum support services and Vocational Education Training (VET) administration. The successful applicant will have relevant experience and capacity to undertake a wide range of a support services to a high standard. The successful applicant will need to a good understanding of relevant systems and a high school business context required to maintain, monitor, analyse and extract information and data related to students and curriculum reporting.
You will need to work under pressure to tight deadlines, be organised, able to contribute to development of plans, work with minimal supervision as well as assist and mentor other support staff to achieve team outcomes. As Business Support Officer you will need to develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with members of the senior leadership, staff, students and parents, as well as across a diverse school community and with a wide range of government and outside agencies.
This role involves the use of a number of Microsoft and web based data software packages along with the ability to develop and utilise spread sheets. An excellent working knowledge of Schools Information System (SIS) (Administration, Enrolments, Timetabling), RM Finance, RM Billing, HRMIS, Connect, Academy, Consent2Go and Reporting to Parents would be highly desirable.
As part of our Independent Public School (IPS) status we continue to develop new ways of working that embrace the changing demands of our business and school community. In conjunction with the Manager Corporate Services the Business Support Officer will develop close working relations and systems to ensure a cohesive and sustainable service provision that links with various teams and key senior staff to support operational and service delivery demands. Previous experience in and knowledge of the relevant educational service areas above would be advantageous.
The successful applicant will have a focus on team work, self-motivation and model high standards of effective customer and administrative support service delivery. Working hours will be agreed and reviewed annually to meet the various duties and service needs of the school for which flexible working arrangements can be negotiated.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Considerable experience providing input and effective support to the development, management, implementation and monitoring of business operations, systems and plans.
- Well developed financial management skills, including data analysis, interpretation and reporting, and the ability to provide recommendations.
- Sound human resource management knowledge and skills, including the ability to provide effective support and input into the development, implementation and monitoring of human resource management systems and processes.
- Sound verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Sound conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to identify appropriate solutions.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Ocean Reef Senior High School can be found by visiting http://www.oceanreef.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Jayne Dawson, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning 0406 701 972 or emailing Jayne.Dawson@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 21 February 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.