Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/DP621171
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2020
Baler Primary School (PS) is currently seeing to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic and positive Deputy Principal who has the ability to promote a positive school culture and is committed to making a difference.
Baler PS is a team orientated multicultural school representative of thirty-four different nationalities. Cultural knowledge and awareness are embedded in our learning programs. Staff work in collaborative teams in a valued and positive environment and are supported through strong induction processes and PLC Leaders. The school ensures a strong mentoring and coaching culture exists to enrich our professional practice. Baler PS promotes an inclusive and friendly environment.
The successful applicant will ideally have excellent communication and organisational skills with attention to detail; and have the ability to build relationships with colleagues, students and families. Applicants should have highly developed interpersonal skills that will enable them to work in a collaborative team environment.
Curriculum Leadership is key to the role within the school. The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding and application of effective teaching pedagogy and practice to support staff, many of whom are within the first five years of teaching. Demonstrated expertise in leading whole school literacy processes including Talk for Writing, Letters and Sounds and evidence based response to intervention practices would be advantageous; as would an understanding of explicit teaching (iSTAR) and application of change management principles in the implementation of whole school processes.
As a Deputy Principal you will effectively manage student behaviour (PBS) and provide support for teachers especially in the management of tier 3 behaviours. Significant successful experience in managing the behavioural and pastoral needs of students is highly desirable. You will also be required to manage a range of operational duties including support for students at educational risk, performance management / coaching, new staff inductions and the continued implementation of the aboriginal cultural framework. Baler PS administrative team consists of three DP’s who work collaboratively across the school within clearly defined roles. Whilst this position has a Curriculum Leadership focus it also has the responsibility for all operational areas of the Year 4 – 6 cohorts, supporting PLC Leaders and teachers in these year groups. As such an understanding of differentiated practice and strategies for meeting the needs of students at risk is essential.
The successful applicant will also have the capacity to lead improvement agendas across the broader school context beyond PLC’s.
It is strongly recommended that applicants view the school’s website prior to applying to review school plans, policies and procedures.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs).
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Baler PS can be found by visiting www.balerps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here
For further job related information:
Please contact Karen Burgess, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9172 8400 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to five (5) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 2 March 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.