Advertised Vacancy Number SS/SS621500
Mount Helena Primary School is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated Education Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies at Mount Helena PS and Mount Helena Community Kindergarten. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2021.
In this role you will be supporting the delivery of a student focused learning program, assisting the students in developing confidence and a sense of wellbeing. Suitable applicants will, under teacher direction, assist the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs, including the operation of computers, and, under teacher direction, implement individual or small group programs or demonstrations. You will assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, materials and resources for use in classes, displays and demonstrations. In assistance you will assist the teacher with the care and supervision of students in out-of-class activities and with the general care and wellbeing of students.
Mount Helena PS is located in the eastern reaches of the Darling Ranges. Surrounded by native forest, the school provides an opportunity for students to engage in a rich curriculum with a focus on environmental education. The school provides a positive and friendly learning environment, and is highly regarded by all who pass through its portals. The community it serves has wide socio economic representation and is highly supportive of the ethos of the school. The community works in collaboration with an experienced staff to enhance student outcomes.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Mount Helena PS can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Nicole McDonald, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9573 0000 or emailing Nicole.McDonald@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to three (3) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Thursday, 27 February 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.