Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS620851
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, part-time (0.8FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020 with possible extension of up to twelve (12) months and/or permanency
Challis Community Primary School (CPS) is seeking to appoint an Aboriginal and Islander Education Officer (AIEO) to join their friendly team.
As the AIEO, your role will be to assist teachers in delivering planned education programs and to foster a supportive and inclusive learning environment.
We are seeking a dedicated, enthusiastic, motivated and self-reliant AIEO, who will be able to support children in the early learning programme and liaise with parents to develop their knowledge of child development. Additionally, the role includes supporting the Programme Manager in the Aboriginal Girls Academy by coordinating the additional curriculum and fostering strong community partnerships. The successful applicant will ideally possess a high standard of computer skills, as well as excellent communication skills.
Challis CPS believes in enabling students to reach their academic, social and emotional potential whilst becoming valuable members of the community. As a school community our mission is to deliver an excellent standard of education that supports students to achieve results equal to, or above state norms. Our school provides high quality education, alongside innovative programs and services, which cater to the needs of each individual child and their family. Challis Community Primary School is unique in offering health and education services from birth, with formal schooling ranging from 3-Year-Old Pre-Kindergarten to Year 6.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- good written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with students, teachers, parents, community members and professional staff on the provision and development of educational programs.
- good interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact on a range of levels in a variety of settings and with different audiences, including community members, teaching and other professionals.
- ability to contribute to a school-level team and to provide multi-cultural direction in the development of the educational program, development of language resources, and evaluation of education and behaviour management programs.
- ability to effectively assist teachers in implementing educational and behaviour management programs.
- good organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective education programs to students.
- ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Challis Community Primary School can be found by visiting https://www.challiscommunityprimaryschool.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Lee Musumeci, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9391 4100 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A two (2) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Pursuant of Section 50(d) of the Equal Opportunity Act 1984, the occupant of this position must be of Aboriginal descent.
An applicant may provide a confirmation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent through the completion of a Verification of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Heritage form, attached. (Applicants currently employed as AIEOs are excluded.)
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 3 March 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.