Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS612420
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
Do you want to make a positive difference in your local community?
Scaddan Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Gardener - Handyperson to join their friendly team.
The Gardener - Handyperson will work as part of a team providing gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe and clean school environment. You will be responsible for maintaining the presentation of the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The suitable applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as required, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
Scaddan PS is a caring and positive environment. High quality explicit teaching enables our children to become 21st century problem solvers who actively contribute to the local and global community. We nurture pride, excellence and respect to grow independent and confident children who value themselves and others. We are a unique and proud community built on positive relationships.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Scadden Primary School please visit www.scaddanps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact David Vooght-Simpson, Principal by telephoning (08) 9075 6055 or emailing David.Vooght-Simpson@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30 pm (WST) Friday, 21 February 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.