Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS620269
This is a permanent part-time (0.1FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020
Do you want to make a positive difference in your local community?
Cascade Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Gardener - Handyperson to join their friendly team.
The Gardener - Handyperson will work as part of a team providing gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe and clean school environment. You will be responsible for maintaining the presentation of the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The suitable applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as required, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
Cascade PS is located 100 kilometres North West of Esperance set amongst beautiful Gum and Mallee bushland. The climate throughout the year is mild to moderate and generally comfortable.
No fuel or shopping facilities are available within the Cascade town site, however, a community operated Recreation Centre with updated kitchen and recreation facilities provides for various social and sporting opportunities. The closest town is 50 km South to Munglinup.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Cascade Primary School please visit https://www.cascade.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Merrill Ridgley, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Cascade, by telephoning (08) 9079 2061 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3.00pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
- Telephone Merrill Ridgley, Principal on (08) 90792061 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3.00pm) to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.00pm (WST) on Friday, 21 February 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED