Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS620599
This is a permanent part-time (0.1FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020.
Nullagine Primary School (PS) is seeking an organised and efficient Manager Corporate Services to join our friendly administrative team. The successful applicant will have excellent leadership and communication skills to effectively manage the schools financial, physical and human resources and supervise all school support staff.
As Manager Corporate Services you will contribute to our school meeting corporate financial objectives and will provide input, in collaboration with the Principal to the development of school Business Plan. We are seeking someone with good interpersonal skills who will effectively be able to manage staff performance in accordance with the Public Sector Performance Management Standard and will monitor and manage staff leave entitlements.
Nullagine PS is set in the picturesque town of Nullagine - 200 kms North of Newman and 100 kms South of Marble Bar. It is in a very spectacular part of the Pilbara, surrounded by rugged spinifex covered hills which are dotted with abandoned mine shafts. During the good rain years, the waterholes and wildflowers are spectacular. Access to the town is by unsealed roads.
The school serves the Irrungadji Community of Martu people and children of service workers. We cater for students from K-12 in 3 classes with students grouped around phases of development. The Martu students all have English as a Second Language and Aboriginal English is the first dialect of English they speak. Standard Australian English is used only in the school setting.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Relevant financial management skills, including input into budget preparation and the ability to apply financial and accounting practices and procedures.
- Human resource management skills, including the ability to develop and/or apply human resource management practices and systems.
- Ability to implement and monitor business and/or marketing plans.
- Conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Nullagine PS can be found by visiting Schools Online.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Greg Yeo, Principal, for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Nullagine, by telephoning (08) 9176 2023 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 26 February 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.