Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS621117
This is a permanent part-time (0.83FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020
Palmyra Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an experienced, positive and enthusiastic Cleaner in Charge to join our friendly team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the organising and supervising of school cleaning staff, liaising with the relevant manager on cleaning matters. You will be responsible for highlighting issues and concerns on behalf of cleaners. You will ideally be able to organise and supervise staff, and who has knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices.
As the Cleaner in Charge you will have good communication and interpersonal skills and preferably, experience in supervising staff. You will be a highly motivated and proactive person who takes pride in being responsible for providing a high standard of cleanliness within the workplace in order to provide a visually pleasing and safe learning environment for our students, staff and visitors to the school
Palmyra PS aspires to work collaboratively with the community to provide a safe, supportive and rich learning environment, with high quality education and opportunities for students to fulfil their social, emotional and academic potential. Our teaching/learning programs are characterised by authentic learning which encompasses the principles of learning, teaching and assessment from the Australian and Western Australian Curriculum. Each class is resourced with technology that is used as a tool for learning across the curriculum. Palmyra Primary is a proven leader in sustainability, providing a focal context for learning across all year levels. Our successful applicant will be sympathetic to these views.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Palmyra PS can be found by visiting Schools Online
For further job related information
Please contact Hayley Forrester, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6436 0100 or emailing Hayley.Forrester@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
Your application should include:
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 28 February 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.