Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE620741
This is a permanent full-time position commencing as ASAP
The Finance and Commercial Services Division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Senior Budget and Resourcing Systems Officer in the Financial Planning and Resourcing Directorate.
As the Senior Budget and Resourcing Systems Officer you will be experienced in the management of integrated financial management systems, with knowledge of contemporary financial management methodologies, systems and practices. This will enable you to maintain systems and controls to support budget allocations, budget reviews, management reporting, school resourcing, financial modelling and the cash-flow management of the Department’s corporate budget.
With exceptional communication skills, you will build and maintain strong working relationships, which will assist you in establishing networks, both internally and externally, to engage them in the development and maintenance of financial systems. You will also assist with the support and training of cost centre managers in the use of the Department’s budget and resourcing systems.
Through the use of your conceptual and analytical skills, you will provide innovative solutions to complex problems, achieving outcomes and delivering quality products with a strong focus on customer service delivery and continuous improvement of services.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our directorate for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well developed skills and considerable experience in the management of the provision of user friendly and integrated financial management systems and substantial knowledge of contemporary financial management methodologies, systems and practices.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills to undertake consultation, collaboration and negotiation and to build effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders on financial issues.
- Well developed written communication skills, including experience in contributing to reports, briefing papers and responses to Senior Executive and/or Ministerial/Parliamentary requests.
- Well developed skills and experience in achieving outcomes and delivering quality projects, products and services consistent with customer needs and defined quality expectations, including timeliness.
- Well developed analytical and conceptual skills to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Moya Martin, Manager Budget and Resourcing Systems by telephoning (08) 9264 4175 or emailing Moya.Martin@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to six (6) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Hold a relevant tertiary qualification in business, commerce, finance or related field or equivalent substantial experience
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 24 February 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED