Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS621185
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2020.
Do you have what it takes to make our school sparkle?
Deanmore Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Cleaner to join their friendly team.
To be succcessfi; for this role you will have a good attention to detail and will be able to work well both individually and as part of a team to ensure a clean and safe school environment. You will be organised, reliable and punctual and have excellent knowledge of cleaning equipment and safe cleaning procedures, methods and practices. Ideally, you will maintain and improve on the high standards of keeping the school in an excellent position, especially amongst schools the same age and be willing to undertake extra shifts should the need arise.
As a Cleaner you will carry out both internal and external cleaning duties. Internal cleaning includes the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, cleaning of furniture and fittings, windows, toilets and dusting. External duties include rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, external windows, verandas and covered areas and cobweb removal. You will also participate in vacation cleaning which includes stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, carpet shampooing, pressure cleaning of undercover areas and verandas, and other such duties as directed by the Cleaner-In-Charge.
Deanmore PS caters for approximately 500 students, from Kindergarten to Year 6. School buildings are modern and the school grounds are attractive with a range of challenging playground equipment. Our school’s mission is to provide a safe and supportive environment that fosters respect and acceptance for all. This mission is supported by our values of RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY, EXCELLENCE and UNITY.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Deanmore PS please visit www.deanmoreps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Robyn Coumbe, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9341 1610 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
- Telephone Robyn Coumbe, Manager Corporate Services, on (08) 9341 1610 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception or by emailing it to email@example.com
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employmentobtain or
- hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 26 February 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED