Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS614871
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020
Aspiri Primary School (PS) are seeking an enthusiastic and hardworking Gardener - Handyperson to join our team.
The Gardener - Handyperson will work to provide gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe and clean school environment. They will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines
Located in the southern Perth region of Piara Waters, Aspiri PS is a new school which began operations in 2018 catering for Kindergarten and Pre Primary students. From the beginning of 2019 the school has catered for students across Kindergarten to Year 6. The school has developed and fosters an excellent reputation as a school of high care and high achievement and is well supported by the school community.
Aspiri PS is a very multicultural environment which provides high performing team members with every opportunity to make a significant, holistic educational impact upon students. We are a proud of our very cohesive professional environment with happy and respectful students, committed and supportive families, high performing staff and an extended community working together for our children. The school motto “Aspire to Achieve Together” identifies the underlying philosophy and community expectations of our team and our school.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Aspiri Primary School please visit http://aspirips.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online
For further job related information:
Please contact Maria McGlashan, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9397 8300 or emailing email@example.com
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 26 February 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED