Advertised Vacancy Number SS/SS620990
The School of Special Educational Needs: Sensory (SSEN: Sensory) is seeking to establish a pool of dedicated and hardworking Administrative Assistants for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 1, 2021. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 1, 2021.
Administrative Assistants will be responsible for coordinating incoming and outgoing correspondence, telephone calls and visitor and parent enquiries, as well as arrange meetings, distribute meeting agendas and take meeting minutes. Administrative Assistants will also assist with travel arrangements and bookings, preparation of the budget and payment of accounts, assisting with recruitment processes, payroll and HRMIS entries, creating and maintaining student files and information and providing administrative support to the Sensory Leadership Team.
Suitable applicants will be well organised with the ability to show initiative and multitask, switching from one task to another when required to meet tight deadlines. They will be confident in supporting a leadership team, with previous experience in general administrative duties, processing accounts, monitoring expenditure and communicating with a wide range of stakeholders. It is highly desirable for suitable applicants to have experience and be able to manage confidential medical information.
SSEN: Sensory provides educational support for children who are Deaf or hard of hearing, or who have a vision impairment. The services to support the children and their families are available following the child’s diagnosis, which means that the support is available from birth to school year 12/13. Schools that enrol students are supported by SSEN: Sensory to provide fully accessible learning environments, curriculum, and school communities.
The school operates the Early Childhood Service with facilities at Southwell Primary School and the Padbury Statewide Services Centre supporting families with children aged between 0 and 4 years in their local schools and in the home. Students are also supported, state wide, by the Vision Education Service and the Deaf Education Visiting Teacher Service. SSEN: Sensory works with a number of other key agencies that deliver services for children and families. Whenever possible the services collaborate and are coordinated to help families and children access a wide range of highly effective services.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in general administrative duties.
- Experience in purchasing, processing accounts for payment and monitoring expenditure for a work unit.
- Sound written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of individuals at all levels in a variety of contexts.
- Well developed keyboarding and computer skills including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, word processing and experience using an electronic records management system.
- Initiative and sound organisational skills, including the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about SSEN: Sensory can be found by visiting ssens.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Emilynne Evans, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9402 6411 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to three (3) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 26th February 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.