Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS608648
This is a permanent part-time (0.2FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020
Are you committed to achieving excellence?
Aspiri Primary School (PS) is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated Network Support Officer to join their team.
The Network Support Officer will maintain the school’s information technology network to maximise both educational and administrative outcomes, within the Department’s asset management and security regulatory framework while providing advice to administration staff on technical issues associated with the network system. The successful applicant will provide input on system enhancements and implements new systems through research and identification of appropriate information technology resources.
Aspiri PS opened in February 2019 with students from Kindergarten to Year 6 and is located in the suburb of Piara Waters (South Metropolitan Education Region). Aspiri PS is an Independent Public School. It serves a fast growing and multicultural community catering for families from 52 different language backgrounds. It has an active approach in increasing parent engagement and understanding of Public Schooling in WA, as well as ways to support their child’s educational journey.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- knowledge of network systems and platforms relevant to the operating environment.
- analytical and problem-solving skills relevant to the operational maintenance of Information Technology networks.
- organisational skills, including the ability to plan and implement data security procedures.
- verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- practical experience in developing and implementing user-training procedures.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Aspiri Primary School can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Marie McGlashan, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9397 8300 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 26 February 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.