Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE615465
This is a nine (9) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 2, 2020 with possible extension (24 months)
The Kimberley Schools Project is seeking an organised and enthusiastic person to join team as an Executive Support Officer based in Broome.
The successful applicant will provide administrative support services to the Manager, Kimberley Schools Project including the coordination and preparation of correspondence and briefing notes, travel and accommodation requirements, scheduling of appointments and management of enquiries and requests. They will liaise with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders on a diverse range of issues including confidential and sensitive enquiries which require appropriate referral and timely responses.
The Kimberley Schools Project (the Project) is a collaborative partnership between the Department of Education, Catholic Education Western Australia, the Association of Independent Schools Western Australia, the Department of Regional Development and the Regional Services Reform Unit. It will provide $25 million of Royalties for Regions funding to accelerate and intensify existing strategies to address low education outcomes in the Kimberley, underpinning broader economic and social development in the region.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Sound skills, knowledge and experience in the delivery of administration support services, including the ability to provide executive support to senior managers and administer and report on financial systems and budgets.
- Sound verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to establish and maintain working relationships and liaise effectively with senior managers, officers from other agencies, parents and members of the public.
- Sound written communication skills, including the ability to prepare correspondence, minutes and briefing notes.
- Initiative and sound organisational skills, including the ability to identify priorities and meet conflicting deadlines.
- Sound research and problem solving skills, including the ability to identify appropriate solutions.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Mark Williams, Manager - Kimberley Schools Project, by telephoning 0436 602 841 or emailing Mark.Williams@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A maximum four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the Project
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday 21 February 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED