Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS621140
This is a permanent part-time (0.4FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020
Currambine Primary School (PS) is seeking a reliable and hardworking individual to join our staff in the role of Gardener – Handyperson.
The successful applicant will be able to maintain garden beds, turf areas and the building surrounds to ensure a safe, inviting and welcoming environment. To be successful as a Gardener - Handyman you will be confident in completing minor repairs, grounds and build improvements and maintaining gardening equipment and machinery.
Sound improvement skills are essential as is the ability to respond both to specific direction and feedback along with a capacity to work independently.
Currambine PS is a level six school located in the northern suburbs of Perth with an enrolment of 770 students. The school was opened in 1997 and is close to a wide range of community services and resources including public transport. Currambine PS staff work as a dedicated team, collaborating in professional learning communities to deliver learning programs consistent with well-defined whole school approaches to pedagogy, assessment and content management. The school staff have a ‘can do’ approach to continuous improvement and problem solving and pride themselves on ensuring each child in our care is supported to reach their potential in an inclusive, engaging and positive environment.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information
Please contact Geoff Smith Principal by telephoning (08) 9304 0011 or emailing Geoffrey.Smith@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
- Telephone Geoff Smith Principal, on (08) 9304 0011 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception or by emailing it to Geoffrey.Smith@education.wa.edu.au
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.Eligibility and training requirements Employees will be required to:
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 26 February 2020.
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED