Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS620019
Please be advised, as of 1.15pm on Monday 30 March 2020, this vacancy has been withdrawn.
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020.
This appointment will be for three days a week (8.00am to 4.00pm) with the workdays to be determined to best meet the needs of the school.
Merriwa Primary School (PS) is seeking an organised, experienced and positive School Officer to join our dedicated team. We are seeking individuals who can work independently and show initiative.
Merriwa PS is an Independent Public School which shares its site with the Merriwa Education Support Centre (ESC). The current student population is approximately 400 students with a significant cohort of Aboriginal students and students with an EAL/D background. We have formed a strong collaborative partnership with the ESC and have developed a shared ethos, a strong sense of inclusivity and a shared school community.
As School Officer you will be the first point of contact for our school and will be responsible for providing accurate advice and support to parents, students, staff and community members using your excellent communication skills. The School Officer undertakes reception duties including greeting visitors, answering the telephone and responding to routine enquiries and requests for information. You will also provide general clerical and administrative support including preparing correspondence, newsletters, notices and other materials. You will also distribute and collect documents, forms, mail and money in accordance with Departmental Policies and Procedures.
The School Officer assists the Manager Corporate Services by maintaining the school’s facilities, assets, resources and databases including reporting faults, organising repairs, assisting with stock takes and updating the asset and resources registers. In addition, the School Officer administers the operation of school databases, records and management information systems including entering student enrolment data, maintaining student attendance records, absentee reports and generates reports from the school databases.
The successful applicant will demonstrate a focus on team work, self-motivation, initiative and model excellence in customer and administrative support service delivery. They will have strong organisational skills and be able to deliver outcomes while working to deadlines in a sometimes challenging and fast paced environment.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience in providing effective administrative support with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively.
- Ability in using computers and a range of application software packages, particularly databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work unsupervised and in a team environment.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Merriwa PS can be found by visiting www.merriwaps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Tracey Bell, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 6206 2340 or emailing email@example.com.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement of up to three (3) pages addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV of up to two (2) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check;
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy;
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 3rd April 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.