Advertised Vacancy Number IPS/SS621922
Cassia Primary School (PS) is seeking to establish a pool of Education Assistant – Mainstream for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year and up to the end of Term 4, 2020. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year, up to the end of Term 4, 2020.
As an Education Assistant – Mainstream you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of planned education programs under the direction of teachers and administration staff. Programs may include those that are current educational priorities in the school, as well as those that help in the development of young minds and support the general health and wellbeing of students. The suitable applicants will be expected to work with individuals as well as manage small groups of students.
Cassia PS is an Independent Public school established in 1981 and is home to over 615 students from Kindergarten to Year 6. We are located on Kariyarra land, in South Hedland and are part of the Pilbara Region.
We are proud of and embrace our local culture through the implementation of the Aboriginal Cultural Standards Framework and recognise our community as having a diverse range of cultures, with students from 14 different language backgrounds. With a strong school community that works together we aim to deliver a caring, supportive and safe environment in which all students have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Students are supported through the learning process with a range of intervention programs for students experiencing difficulties in literacy and numeracy. Specialist programs in physical education, art - performance and visual, Indonesian for Year 3 & 4 students, science, as well as the Stephanie Alexander kitchen garden program and the friendly schools plus program. Our academic extension program runs for Year 4-6 students. We run cross school enrichment programs supported by the BHP Educational Partnership.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- The ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Cassia PS can be found by visiting Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
You are encouraged to contact Gay Horne, Manager Corporate Services for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in South Hedland, by telephoning (08) 9172 8500 or emailing Gayleen.Horne@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school;
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 23 March 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.