Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE619673
This is a permanent full-time position commencing April 2020
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support and assistance to a team of Labour Relations advisors and school principals, including basic research, travel arrangements, including preparing travel documents, booking flights and accommodation. This role will require you to prepare and collate resources for meetings and training days, maintain databases, records and management information systems relating to the work unit.
The Labour Relations Branch operates in a complex human resources industrial environment. It is responsible for ensuring policies and practices in the Department are developed and consistently applied, improved employment conditions and workplace flexibility within legislative and economic constraints are in place; and strategic, operational, industrial and complaint management advice, training, advocacy and negotiation in relation to all central and regional offices and schools is provided.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that may arise for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Experience general administrative duties and support.
- Experience in purchasing, processing accounts for payment and monitoring expenditure for a work unit.
- Sound written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Well-developed keyboarding and computer skills including a working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, word processing and experience using an electronic records management system.
- Sound organisational skills, including the ability to use initiative and work independently and as part of a team.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against the selection criteria relevant to the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact John O'Brien, Manager Labour Relations by telephoning (08) 9264 5126 or emailing email@example.com
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the selection criteria in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 24 February 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED