Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS616777
This is a permanent part-time (0.38FTE) position commencing Term 2, 2020
Do you want to make a positive difference in your local community?
Ballajura Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and passionate individual to join their team as a Cleaner. This position is a morning shift 5.30am to 8.30am Monday to Friday.
The successful applicant will play a vital function ensuring the school is clean and provides a safe and hygienic environment for our staff, students and community members. In this role applicants should have effective communication skills and the ability to work independently as well as alongside the Cleaner in Charge. Applicants will perform both internal and external cleaning duties such as dusting, rubbish removal and maintenance of the hard floors.
The ability to comprehend Manual Safety Data sheets and equipment operating instruction manuals is highly desirable.
At Ballajura PS we are passionate about education - the secret of our success is to expect success! The highly innovative educational approaches, adopted by our school demonstrate that every student can be a high achiever and every student matters, every day. Our motto - inspire, participate, learn and succeed encapsulates our desire to realise every child's passions and dreams.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Ballajura Primary School please visit www.ballajuraps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Stephanie Young, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9338 2200 or emailing Stephanie.Young@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday 19 February 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.