Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS620978
This is a permanent part-time (0.6FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020
Ballajura Primary School (PS) is seeking a reliable and hardworking individual to join their team in the role of Gardener – Handyperson. The roster is 3 days per week Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.
The Gardener - Handyperson will work as part of a team providing gardening, grounds and facility management to ensure a safe and clean school environment. They will maintain and present the school grounds and gardens in an attractive, clean and tidy condition, and provide a suitable growing environment for both soft and hard landscaping, including turf management. The successful applicant will perform minor repairs and maintenance as requested, as well as other Gardener - Handyperson duties in accordance with the Department’s policies and guidelines.
The successful applicant will be expected to contribute proactively to ensure the ground and facilities are maintained to the highest standards and therefore provide an inviting environment for students, staff and parents. It would be highly desirable if the successful applicant has experience in maintaining grounds and has the ability to use and maintain horticultural equipment.
At Ballajura PS, we are dedicated to ensuring every child achieves their social, emotional and academic potential. At our school, we have high expectations of ourselves and practise the belief that every child matters every day. We are passionate about education - secret of our success is to expect success! The highly innovative education approaches, adopted by our school demonstrate that every student can be a high achiever and every student matters, every day. We are seeking applicants with passion and enthusiasm and who will exhibit exemplary professional skills and personal presentation
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Ballajura Primary School please visit www.ballajuraps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Stephanie Young, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9338 2200 or emailing Stephanie.Young@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- Complete introductory School Gardener training within 3 months of commencement in metropolitan areas or as soon as practicable for regional areas
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday 18 February 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED