Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SS621447
Can you make our School sparkle? Then Collier Primary School needs you!
We are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year.
Suitable applicant will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting and rubbish removal. They will perform external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandahs and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning and rubbish removal. They will complete vacation cleaning duties, including the stripping and sealing of vinyl floors, window cleaning, shampooing of carpets, pressure cleaning of verandahs and undercover areas, and other such duties as required by the Cleaner-in-Charge.
Collier Primary School’s vision is to be an innovative, community-minded school where every teacher is effective and every student is successful and our school ethos, the Collier Way - Respect and Excellence, reflects this.
Located in the suburb of Como, we cater for children from Kindergarten to Year 6. This year the school celebrates its 70th year since opening in 1948.
Our highly skilled and dedicated staff ensure that children are given every opportunity to develop both academically and socially, giving them the skills to become confident and independent learners. We have specialist teachers in the areas of music, Indonesian, physical education, the arts and science.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Collier Primary School please visit Schools Online
For further job related information
Please contact Emma Bancroft, Principal by telephoning (08) 9474 3626 or emailing Emma.Bancroft@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
- Visit the school during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3pm) to use a school computer, with technical support available from school-based staff.
- Telephone Denise Bird, Manager Corporate Services, on (08) 9474 3626 during office hours (Monday to Friday, between 8.30am and 3.00pm) to answer a series of questions over the phone, or request an application form.
- Download the application form below and return it completed to the school reception or by emailing it to Denise.Bird@education.wa.edu.au
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Eligibility and training requirements
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 28 February 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED