Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS618150
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2020
Can you make our School sparkle? Then we want you!
Clarkson Primary School (PS) is seeking to appoint an experienced and committed Cleaner in Charge to ensure the school’s facilities are cleaned and maintained in accordance with the Department procedures.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the organising and supervising of school cleaning staff, including arranging relief staff, holiday cleaning rosters and job inductions for new staff. Liaising with the relevant line manager on cleaning matters including reporting faults, monitoring stock levels and school security. You will also be responsible for highlighting issues and concerns on behalf of cleaners and respond to issues raised by other school staff. Experience and knowledge of hazardous substances and safe manual handling practises is preferred.
Clarkson PS is an Independent Public School catering for students from Kindergarten to Year 6 in the suburb of Clarkson and surrounding areas. Our school provides evidence based learning programs (John Hattie's Visible Learning), promotes community participation and develops a supportive and nurturing school environment for students, parents and staff.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Clarkson Primary School please visit http://clarksonprimaryschool.com.au/ or Schools Online
For further job related information
Please contact Denise Shackleton, Manager Corporate Services by telephoning (08) 6207 5200 or emailing Denise.Shackleton@education.wa.edu.au
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- Obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- Obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- Complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- Complete the Department’s online training in manual tasks and hazardous substances within three months of commencement
- Complete Fundamentals of Cleaning training as soon as practicable
- Complete any other training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- Complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 25 February 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED