Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS610477
This is a permanent part-time position commencing Term 2, 2020
Supporting students with diverse learning needs is both rewarding and challenging!
Gosnells Primary School (PS) is seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Education Assistant - Mainstream to join their friendly team.
The successful applicant will assist the teacher in the delivery of planned education programs, including the operation of computers; and, under teacher direction, implement individual or small group programs or demonstrations. They will assist with the preparation and maintenance of the learning environment by maintaining equipment, material and resources for use in classes, displays and demonstrations; and assist the teacher with clean and safe storage of items after classes and activities.
Gosnells PS is an Independent Public School catering for students from Kindergarten to Year 6. We have an ethos of working together, caring for others, developing a positive community involvement, taking pride in our achievements and maximising the education opportunities for all children. Our students are provided with opportunities across all learning areas, including specialist instruction in the areas of Physical Education, Science, Performing Arts, Indonesian, and Digital Technologies.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with students, parents and teaching professionals.
- Sound Interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Sound organisational skills that will assist in the delivery of effective educational programs to students.
- Ability to assist with the general health and well-being of students.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Gosnells PS can be found by visiting www.gosnellsps.wa.edu.au/ or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Lauren Hook, Deputy Principal, by telephoning (08) 9398 2250 or emailing Lauren.Hook@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A three (3) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Education Assistants working with Kindergarten students may be required to have, or be actively working towards, a Certificate lll in Education Support (or approved equivalent) in order to meet the educator-to-student ratio outlined in the National Quality Standard for Early Childhood Education and Care.
Approved equivalent qualifications are published by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 26 February 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.