Please be advised closing date has been extended to 06/03/2020
Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS614383
This is a permanent part-time (0.5FTE) position commencing Term 1, 2020
Can you make our school a clean and safe environment for students?
Laverton School is seeking a reliable and team orientated individual to join their team in the role of Cleaner.
In this role you will carry out internal cleaning duties, including the maintenance of carpets and hard floor surfaces, toilet cleaning, furniture and fittings, window cleaning, dusting, rubbish removal, and other items of general cleaning. Additionally, you would also carry out external cleaning duties, including the cleaning of verandas and covered areas, rubbish removal, cleaning of drinking troughs, window cleaning, and removal of cobwebs, other general cleaning and other such duties as required by the Cleaner in Charge.
Laverton School is a Remote Teaching Service School and is located in the mining community of Laverton, 960km north east of Perth and 345km north east of Kalgoorlie. The present population of the town is approximately 350, of which a significant proportion of whom are transient - moving between Kalgoorlie, Mt Margaret, Leonora, Laverton and communities in the Ngaanyatjarra Lands. Employment is mainly in mining, local business, government agencies and to a lesser degree in the pastoral industry. Laverton is on the edge of the Central Desert region and the beginning of the Great Central Road where the bitumen stops and the gravel starts; featuring hot summers, cool winters and a very low rainfall average of about 233 mm per year.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further information about Laverton School please visit Schools Online.
For further job related information:
You are encouraged to contact Ella Smillie, Acting Principal for further information about this employment opportunity, including information about living and working in Laverton, by telephoning (08) 9031 1020 or emailing Ella.Smillie@education.wa.edu.au.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to apply!
Simply select from one of the following options:
- Click on the “Apply for Job” button located at either the top or bottom of this screen. You will be asked to complete a series of questions which will become your online application. It is recommended you allow enough time to complete this process. Further instructions are available on the attached ‘How to Apply’ document.
Applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
If you are having trouble submitting your online application, please contact the Recruitment System Support team on (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a ten (10) day breach period to this selection process
Applications must be submitted before 3.30pm (WST) on Friday, 06 March 2020
PROFORMA AND LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED