State Library of Western Australia
Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries
Community Awareness Coordinator
Level 4, $79,452 - $83,797 pa, PSCA (2019)
About the State Library
The State Library provides valued services to the community through:
- COLLECTIONS that tell the stories of Western Australia
- CONNECTIONS that build a trusted knowledge and learning network for Western Australia
Our Strategic Plan 2018-2020 objectives are:
- A State Library for everyone
- One that embraces digital transformation
- And builds skills for the future
Role of Directorate
The Executive Services Directorate manages internal audit, marketing and communications functions, strategic projects and support services to the CEO, the Library Board and other strategic partners. This includes providing policy advice and research support on issues and trends relevant to the State Library and the Library Board. Executive Services is also responsible for providing advice to the Minister for Culture and the Arts.
This is a part time (0.8FTE), permanent vacancy.
A current National Police Clearance Certificate (no older than 6 months) will be required prior to commencement of employment, as per the Department’s Police Record Screening Policy.
Whilst this selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy, applicants for this position may be considered for ‘similar’ vacancies within the Department and/or the wider public sector which arise within a reasonable period of time. In addition to this, should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position, then the next most suitable applicant may also be selected from this process. Future vacancies may be considered for permanent and fixed-term, part-time and full-time positions.
This position is located in the Perth Cultural Centre hub close to Yagan Square and the bustling café, tourist and shopping districts.
The Community Awareness Coordinator prepares and disseminates community awareness of State Library promotional programs and activities and implements and assists with fundraising campaigns undertaken by the State Library.
How to apply for this position
- Applicants are required to apply on-line and must provide;
- a comprehensive CV
- a two A4 page (maximum) outline on your skills and knowledge in relation to the Essential Work-Related Requirement Number 1 – ‘Technical Skills and Knowledge’ as stated on the attached Job Description Form. All other Essential Work-Related Requirements will be assessed throughout the recruitment process.
- a completed Application Form
- For further details on how to apply please read the attached ‘Applicant Information Package’.
To submit your application, please click on the Apply for Job button.
If you are unable to apply online, please refer to the attached Applicant Information Package (section ‘Submitting Your Application’).
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please contact the helpline on 1300 733 056 (Option 3) during business hours for further assistance.
Please note that all of the Essential Work Related Requirements will be assessed at some stage during the selection process.
For further job related information, please contact Charles Hayne on (08) 9427 3153 or 0403 949 319 (not to be contacted for an Applicant Information Package).
NO FAXED, LATE OR PROFORMA APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
To avoid last minute congestion of the system which may result in your application being received after the closing time and therefore not be eligible, please endeavour to submit your application well before the closing time.
- applicant information package - slwa.pdf
- 14606 - community awareness coordinator - 07.01.20.pdf
You can view and print these PDF attachments by downloading Adobe Reader.