Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/SA607350
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2020
Instrumental Music School Services is seeking to appoint a Head of Learning Area for the Geographe Bay Music Group to manage the provision of music in this unique and stimulating environment. The Geographe Bay Music Group includes four large symphonic bands, two large jazz ensembles, vocal ensembles, ensembles, a rock band and numerous single, duo and trio performers.
There are 230 students over seven schools involved. Geographe Bay Music Group links the Busselton Senior High School and Cape Naturaliste College music programs into a joint entity, and includes students from Dunsborough Primary School, Geographe Primary School, Busselton Primary School, West Busselton Primary School and Vasse Primary School.
The successful applicant is required to be a highly-skilled instrumental teacher and ensemble director with a strong knowledge of instrumental pedagogy specific to Wind Ensemble instruments. The ability to adopt a flexible approach to the working day and embrace the opportunity to work within a variety of environments is essential to this role. The position will be based between the campuses of Busselton Senior High school and Cape Naturaliste College.
Instrumental Music School Services provides instrumental music services to more than 450 public primary and secondary schools, reaching more than 15,000 students from Years 3 to 12. In addition to weekly small group instrumental lessons, numerous opportunities are available for students to work collaboratively across year levels and other schools.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Instrumental Music School Services can be found by Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Kevin Fraser Deputy Principal, by telephoning 0419 049 745 or emailing Kevin.Fraser@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements in context of the role and business needs of the branch;
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position;
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager).
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Monday, 3 February 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED