GESB has over 75 years experience, managing over $30 billion in Funds under Management and administering the superannuation and retirement savings of current and former public sector employees.
At GESB, our purpose is to look after our members’ super with excellence and improve the long-term super benefits of our members.
Our values are the core of everything we do:
- Members first – We are committed to providing excellent super and retirement products and services that meet our members’ needs. Our fees are below the industry median.
- Sustainable performance – We continue to deliver cost-effective, risk-controlled products and services with well-regarded performance.
- Achieve together – We partner with our members, the WA Government, employers and other stakeholders, to successfully deliver on our purpose.
- Act with Integrity – We approach every aspect of our work ethically, and operate transparently with full-accountability. We demonstrate our sense of responsibility, by taking ownership of issues to ensure a satisfactory outcome.
- Leads the legal team in working closely with GESB’s outsourced providers in ensuring GESB meets all legislative requirements in relation to superannuation administration and related operations.
- Leads and manages the complaints management processes and oversees disputes referred to the external dispute resolution body (including Australian Financial Complaints Authority [AFCA]).
- Manages GESB’s Corporate Governance Framework
- Manages Board Secretariat services to the Executive Management Group, GESB Board and its committees.
- Providing relevant and appropriate in-house legal services to the business.
- Effective management of member complaints and successful stakeholder relations with AFCA.
- Effective management of corporate governance for the Board and Committees.
- Effective stakeholder relationship with the State Solicitor’s Office and Treasury.
Technical Capability and Experience
- Over three years’ legal experience in superannuation law.
- In-house legal experience within a public sector or financial services environment
- Experience in corporate governance in relation to Board and Committees.
- Experience in preparing and presenting regular reports to Boards, Senior Executive meetings and external agencies.
- Legal qualifications and admitted to practice in the Supreme Court of WA and eligible to hold a practising certificate in WA.
Conditions of appointment
Appointment is subject to:
- A satisfactory National Police Clearance (less than 6 months old).
- Confirmation of Australian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status.
- Confirmation of Qualifications and Professional Memberships.
Substantive Equality Statement
GESB is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We encourage applicants from a diverse field to apply, including Indigenous Australians, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people with disability.
For further job related information please contact Gus Dhillon on 6551 7743.
To apply go to Careers section on the About GESB tab on the website www.gesb.com.au and click on Current Vacancies.