Advertised Vacancy Number: DOE618056
This is a two (2) month fixed term, full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020 with possible extension and/or permanency
Are you seeking a challenging, exciting and professionally satisfying career?
The Finance Planning and Commercial Services division is seeking to recruit a highly motivated and committed Senior Resourcing Analyst to join their team.
The successful applicant will undertake a range of specialist services such as financial modelling; assist with the maintenance of the cost and demand model and tariffs fees and charges reviews; contribute to the design, development and implementation of corporate-level reports related to financial data, staffing and student forecasts to complement existing modelling and reporting. Other duties include analysing and modelling the impact of changes in Commonwealth funding arrangements. The successful applicant will also assist in providing management and branch support, for instance, mentoring and leading team members in developing and achieving Branch and Directorate business goals.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Considerable knowledge and experience in contemporary financial management, including budget preparation, review and reporting in a large/complex organisation.
- Considerable experience in financial modelling and analysis and knowledge of financial tools and systems.
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills to undertake productive consultation, collaboration and negotiation on complex financial issues and to build effective relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Well developed written communication skills, including experience in preparing reports, briefing papers and responses to Senior Executive and/or Ministerial/Parliamentary requests.
- Well developed skills and experience in achieving outcomes and delivering quality products and services consistent with customer needs and defined quality expectations, including timeliness.
- Well developed analytical and conceptual skills to provide innovative solutions to complex problems.
Further information about this position can be found in the attached job description form (JDF).
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the branch may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
For further job related information:
Please contact Anitra Mattiussi, Principal by telephoning (08) 9264 4393 or emailing Anitra.Mattiussi@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the branch
- A CV of up to six (6) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance before commencing employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Department policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 28 January 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED