About North Regional TAFE
Take charge of your future with North Regional TAFE and live in one of the most pristine, remote and exciting regions in our State.
At North Regional TAFE our purpose is to deliver innovative learning solutions for individuals, industry and communities that facilitate real employment outcomes by putting the student at the centre of everything we do.
We are driven by our passion for education, deliver more than 200 nationally recognised qualifications and strive to provide educational opportunities to everyone, regardless of background, economic status, gender, race or location.
Training is also offered in non-accredited programs, short courses, work-readiness programs, literacy and numeracy, and skill sets.
North Regional TAFE is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. People from diverse backgrounds including people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Find out more by visiting our website: www.northregionaltafe.wa.edu.au
About the role
The HR Consultant is a senior key member of the College and HR team, who work to lift manager capability to allow them to guide and support their teams. The role will work in assisting with the resolution of workplace disputes and complex employee matters including workplace investigations, development and administration of HR policies and procedures.
To be successful, you will have the following…
- Extensive experience in the delivery of direct human resource management consultancy and support services to business units within a multi-disciplinary service organisation.
- Demonstrated change management experience and the ability to operate in a complex and challenging, divergent environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of continuous quality improvement principles with experience in the practical application of these principles in evaluating customer needs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human resources, legislative and regulatory frameworks that govern public sector employment.
Our employees are covered by industrial agreements providing a significant range of employment benefits including:
- Five (5) weeks paid leave
- Access to an additional two (2) weeks Accrued Days Off
- Air-conditioning allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Generous annual travel subsidy
- District Allowance (subject to eligibility)
- Opportunities for professional development
- Tax reducing salary-packaging options
- Relocation allowance (if applicable and only within Western Australia)
- Subsidised Housing (subject eligibility & availability)
District Allowance Payment is paid according to the following:
- Subject to eligibility
- Public Service & Government Officers CSA General Agreement 2017 and Government Officers’ Salaries, Allowances and Conditions Award 1989
- Department of Commerce Labour Relations advice Circular to Departments
Current Rates as at 3 July 2015, Circular 4 of 2015 District Allowance Rates
For Further Job Related Information
Please contact Kelly Luskan, Human Resources Manager on (08) 9159 6707 or email Kelly.Luskan@nrtafe.wa.edu.au
Ready to Apply?
Please refer to the Job Description Form for full position details and the Application Information as these documents will assist you with the preparation of your application.
Applicants are required to apply online and submit by the closing date detailed below.
- A comprehensive Resume including two (2) professional referees
- A written application addressing the selection criteria outlined in the attached Job Description Form.
Advertised Reference Number: NRG001.20S
Please ensure your application documents are complete and ready for upload, prior to clicking on the “Apply for Job” button.
If you are experiencing any difficulties applying, please contact Establishment & Recruitment on (08) 9203 3735.
Other Conditions and Eligibility
Eligibility for employment is subject to obtaining a satisfactory Department of Education Criminal Clearance. If this position involves contact with children, the recommended occupant will also be required to obtain a Working with Children (WWC) Card.
To be eligible for appointment Australian Citizenship, relevant visa or permanent residency is required.
This selection process may be used to identify suitable applicants for similar vacancies that arise within the next twelve months.
Should no suitable applicant be identified, or an offer declined, the panel may search for further applicants beyond the closing date.
The onus is on the applicant to ensure that their application is submitted and received by the closing date and time. Late applications, proforma, faxed, hand delivered, posted and emailed applications will not be accepted.
Applications close Tuesday 28 January 2020 at 4:00pm (WST).