Advertised Vacancy Number: SS/DP609648
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Balcatta Primary School is seeking a highly motivated, organised, enthusiastic and driven leader to join the executive team.
This position includes a teaching component in Physical Education and requires someone who can fulfil the full requirements of this role. As such, the ability to lead the carnivals and sports events, as well as to cater to the health and wellbeing of students, would be highly desirable.
A key requirement will be to monitor and set whole school targets for school improvement, whilst performing GAP analysis to identify weakness areas. To be successful in the role, you will ideally have experience in leading whole school review through the National School Improvement tool and use recommendations to set targets on evidence. The successful applicant will be required to display an in-depth knowledge of Visible Learning and lead the development of Learning Intention and Success Criteria.
With a fledgling Professional Learning Community culture, an understanding and proven practice of how to build an effective PLC culture would be considered advantageous to the position. The successful applicant will show commitment to past success in leading continuous school improvement in response to identified needs through data analysis. This will include an understanding of how to engage Learning Area specialists in whole school planning documents.
As an educational leader, you will have the ability to share evidence based contemporary pedagogy to ensure our students reach their full potential. You will need to demonstrate growth through effect size and the research of John Hattie and have shown previous success in this area.
We seek to promote a positive learning environment at the school and the successful applicant will need to have shown successful experience implementing and leading PBS processes. You will have shown the ability to create links with the local community to improve student data. The successful applicant will have demonstrated leadership in improving the data analytics capacity of staff and link student achievement to a response to intervention ideology. This will include data led case management practices with support applied to SMART targets and leadership of the Student of Educational Need (SEN) IEP reporting structure.
Ideally, you will also be able to demonstrate high levels of knowledge and support in Digital Technologies and STEM. Leading multifaceted levels of technology especially iPads, windows 10, one drive, being a panel integrator, ZULU desk and working with external agencies like SCOPE IT is of the upmost importance. Teacher integration of Digital Technology and Design Cycles will be built into the role of Deputy Principal and you will need to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of coding and its applications.
As a curriculum leader, the Deputy Principal must ensure they have demonstrated leadership in whole school approaches to literacy and numeracy while leading new data collection strategies like the ACER progressive achievement tests (PAT). Specifically, an understanding of imaths, Origo, talk 4 writing, Brightpath and Soundwaves would be ideal whilst demonstrating an ability to implement and lead these programs. The Deputy Principal should also be able to demonstrate specific examples of how their actions have improved results in NAPLAN whilst ensuring progress for all students.
With strong ties with our feeder high school the Deputy Principal of Balcatta Primary School will need to demonstrate knowledge of transition between primary and high school education. Previous experience in a high school context would be highly desirable and will give scope to the role.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Capacity to provide effective leadership in a diverse range of educational settings;
- High level of interpersonal and public relations skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships to achieve planned outcomes;
- Professional knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to ensure a high level of educational outcomes for all students (e.g. Aboriginal students, students from diverse ethnic backgrounds and students with special needs);
- Capacity to manage staff, physical and financial resources.
Applications will be assessed against the work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Balcatta Primary School can be found by visiting http://balcattaprimary.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
For further job related information:
Please contact Peter Gates, Principal, by telephoning (08) 9253 4900 / 0458 659 649 or emailing Peter.Gates@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements as stated above, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to seven (7) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy;
- hold a recognised qualification in teaching and be currently registered or eligible for registration to teach in Western Australia;
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 17 January 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.