Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS611859
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 1, 2020
Armadale Senior High School is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated School Management Assistant to join their efficient team.
The School Management Assistant provides support with the marketing, planning, and coordinating of school events including graduation, parents’ evenings and functions and researches and produces publications and promotional material such as newsletters, correspondence and notices. The successful applicant will undertake student-related administrative activities such as general reception tasks, enrolments, international and interstate visits / excursions. You will also organise school tours and administer databases and records information management systems.
Armadale SHS is an Independent Public School dedicated to providing students from Year 7 to Year 12 with strong academic achievement and positive engagement. We aim to provide every student with a positive learning experience. We believe in our students and recognise that each is an individual to be welcomed and respected.
Our highly skilled and experienced teaching staff provide a supportive educational experience for every student through a wide variety of subjects and courses. These include English, Mathematics, Science, Humanities, Home Economics, Creative Art, Music, Information Technology, Design and Technology and Physical Education.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Well-developed verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- Experience in providing effective administrative support and events coordination.
- Experience in the application of customer service principles and practices.
- Effective planning and organisational skills with the ability to use initiative and work with minimum supervision to meet deadlines.
- Ability to use a range of application software packages, particularly Microsoft Office, databases, spreadsheets and publishing programs.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Armadale Senior High School can be found by visiting www.ashs.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Kathryn Dillon, Manager Corporate Services, by telephoning (08) 9497 6400 or emailing Kathryn.Dillon@education.wa.edu.au.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
ELIGIBILITY AND TRAINING
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment;
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check; and
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy.
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement;
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountability and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Tuesday, 28 January 2020.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.