Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/SS614769
This is a permanent full-time position commencing Term 2, 2020
Are you a dedicated, motivated and enthusiastic person with experience and a strong focus in customer service and administration and have a commitment to building a culture of excellence?
Rockingham Senior High School (SHS) is looking for a highly effective and motivated person to join our Pastoral Care team as a Student Support Officer. This position presents a great opportunity in providing information and guidance to students, staff and parents, with a view to contributing to improved student attendance and effective student support services.
The role of Student Support Officer will require you to assist with administrative processes that ensure a responsive and effective student support service; under direction, collaborate and conduct discussions with staff, parents/guardians and the community to identify student absenteeism and truancy and to collect and provide case information. Furthermore, you will be expected to assist with the implementation of a range of school attendance strategies; attend and provide supporting information to team meetings, case conferences and other intervention processes; maintain information and record systems and collate and prepare information used in case conferences and to develop strategies and student support programs. Also, under direction, you will be required to participate in crisis management and response duties, and provide support for special projects across the college as required.
The successful applicant will have a vibrant personality, be highly motivated, energetic, enthusiastic, flexible and reliable. You will be expected to provide a high level of customer service in all matters of student services, as required, in a timely and efficient manner.
Rockingham Senior High School provides excellent academic programs in an exemplary caring environment, for secondary students. The school's vision for teaching and learning is to ensure that our students are provided with every opportunity to learn and grow in a positive and united school culture, while contributing and adding value to the broader school community.
This selection process will initially be used to fill the above vacancy. Applicants assessed as suitable during this selection process may be considered for other similar vacancies that occur throughout our school for up to 12 months following this initial appointment. This includes circumstances where this position becomes subsequently vacant should the successful applicant decline or vacate the advertised position.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to provide a professional, confidential service to a range of clients.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Experience in the use of computerised management information systems including database, spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Effective organisational skills and experience in providing administrative support with the ability to manage conflicting timelines.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements of the position. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about Rockingham Senior High School can be found by visiting www.rockingham.wa.edu.au or Schools Online
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information:
Please contact Linda Phillips, Manager Corporate Services, by calling 0478 409 483 or by emailing Linda.Phillips3@education.wa.edu.au
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A four (4) page statement addressing the Work Related Requirements, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- Provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy; and
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Wednesday, 26 February 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.