Advertised Vacancy Number: IPS/TCH610943
West Busselton Primary School (PS) are seeking to establish a pool for appointments to permanent and fixed term, full-time and part-time vacancies which may arise during the 2020 school year. Appointments can be made from the pool at any time for commencements within the 2020 school year.
Suitable applicants will demonstrate a strong knowledge of all key elements of curriculum and pedagogy as well as an ability to inspire students to develop a passion for learning in vibrant, engaging and supportive classrooms. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships with students, staff and the school community. In addition, you will have demonstrated knowledge of Talk 4 Writing pedagogies and demonstrated experience of explicit teaching practices. High quality of teaching is a priority of our school.
West Busselton PS is an Independent Public School that caters for children from Kindergarten to Year 6. Our school has a proud reputation in the wider community for providing a caring and supportive environment that caters for the individual needs of all children. We are a Positive Behaviour school, focusing on the values of Being Respectful, Responsible, Caring and Doing our Best.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate your competency against the following domains (that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers):
- Professional knowledge;
- Professional practice; and
- Professional engagement.
Applications will be assessed against these domains. The business needs of the school may also be considered. It is therefore recommended that you consider all information contained in the advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
Applicants currently completing the Department of Education Leap program (formerly known as the Switch program) can apply for vacancies using their current or Leap qualification – even if they have not completed the program at the time of applying. Applicants may be appointed to a vacancy based on the qualification being completed via the Leap program.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Further information about West Busselton Primary School can be found by visiting www.westbusseltonps.wa.edu.au or Schools Online.
Additional information about Independent Public Schools is also available here.
For further job related information
Please contact Jamie Adair, Principal by telephoning (08) 9751 8400 or emailing Jamie.Adair@education.wa.edu.au. During the holiday period please contact Jamie on 0421 344 431.
All applications are submitted online. Select “Apply for Job”, at either the top or bottom of this screen and follow the instructions on your screen.
Your application should include:
- A five (5) page statement addressing the domains that govern the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, in context of the role and business needs of the school
- A CV of up to four (4) pages outlining your employment history and professional learning summary relevant to this position
- The contact details for two (2) work related referees (one being your current line manager)
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting “Apply for Job”.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online, you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone (08) 9264 4127.
If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone (08) 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- provide evidence of eligibility to work in Australia for the term of the vacancy
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment; and
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check.
- be eligible for, or registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB). Information regarding eligibility may be obtained by contacting TRB on (08) 9230 0600 or for Country callers 1300 652 911 or www.trb.wa.gov.au
Employees will be required to:
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement; and
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy.
The Department applies a four (4) day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (WST) on Friday, 31 January 2020
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE
PROFORMA, FAXED, HAND DELIVERED, POSTED, EMAILED AND LATE APPLICATIONS ARE NOT ACCEPTED.